Monday, July 7, 2008

Heads Up: Roger Clyne at the Waiting Room!

For those of you not aware, Roger Clyne and the
Peacemakers
(formerly The Refreshments) will be at the Waiting
Room
this Thursday at 9PM. Tickets are $15 in advance/$17 day of show.

If you've never heard them before they would best be described by "Southwestern Rock". It's the perfect music for a bar environment because of the many references to alcohol consumption and time well pent with friends. It's the kind of music that gets stuck in your head and you don't really care. Then when you put their album on to "scratch the itch" a different song of theirs gets pleasantly stuck instead.

I've been a fan of RCPM going on 7 years so far. Some friends of mine convinced me to go to one of their shows back at the Ranch Bowl. Before the show the only songs I knew were Banditos & Down Together from their days as the Refreshments. After the show I went out and got as many of their albums that I could find. I was hooked. I still am.

Since then I've seen them 6 (maybe 7) more times throughout the years and have only missed one show when they were in the Omaha/Lincoln area. Last time I saw them was at the Waiting Room last fall and it was definitely one of the best I've been to yet. I was told that the one show I missed back in March was even better and am looking forward to this weeks topping even that.

For anyone that's interested we will be hanging out at my house before/after the show. I live just down the street from the venue so we'll gather and grill, drink & play some yard games (weather permitting) and just generally have a good time with some great music. Here's to Life!

No comments: