Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

So this last weekend was a blast.

Technically my weekend began Thursday evening with the Gaelic Storm show at the Slowdown. This was the 2nd time they've been through this year and I must say the performance was phenomenal! I've got a good slew of my videos up on Youtube that shows just how close we were to the stage. Needless to say there was a fair amount of drinking involved (completely according to plan I might add!) so I took a day of vacation on Friday and got to sleep in.

Friday I went to the zoo with Angie for a few hours since she hasn't been there in quite a while and my zoo membership gets 2 in free. So I spent that afternoon taking pictures of the various animals and such. Sometimes I feel like I take our zoo for granted because I can just up and go whenever I want, it's hard to remember that it's actually a world class zoo with some of the largest exhibits in the world. Anyone who's watched a CWS game has most likely seen a shot of Rosenblatt stadium from atop the Desert Dome (Worlds Largest Indoor Desert). The walk-through aquarium is also must to experience, and these are only two of the big exhibits they have to offer

Saturday was the Husker game, which went quite a bit better than I had expected. Our running defense appeared to do very well while the passing d could still use a bit more work. Offense looked like it was on the right track as well, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the coming season...

Sunday was relatively quiet, didn't do much other than catch Tropic Thunder that evening, it was a lot funnier than I had expected it to be. I went in expecting "meh" and ended up laughing my ass off on more than one occasion.

After resting up and relaxing on Sunday we had a full day of... resting and relaxing at the lake! It was most likely going to be my last outing to the lake this year as the weather will unfortunately be taking a turn to the colder side soon (and that's already started today as it's 62F and rainy outside as I type). Luckily we had temps in the mid 90's, and just a little wind to contest with.

So all in all it was a good time, my sunburn is already more than tolerable (and here I was dreading it would be worse, hah! Take that sun!) Had a good time with the friends and now looking forward to more football, a few more concerts, and maybe some not so muggy weather, though I think the snow should definitely stay away for a good 3 months (or more!)

No comments: